Habitat for Humanity of Southeast Ohio empowers people who qualify to build and buy their own homes. The Habitat Program requires “sweat equity” (250 hours for one adult member and 500 hours for a household with 2 or more adults), the completion of a series of educational classes, a down payment of $1,000.00, and monthly mortgage payments on a zero interest home loan.
Are you ready for homeownership with Habitat?
Have you lived in one of the following counties for at least one year?
**We are not accepting inquiries for housing in Hocking, Morgan, and Noble Counties at this time.
Do you have a need for shelter?
- Your current housing is sub-standard (run-down, defective, or unsafe) OR
- Your current living conditions are overcrowded OR
- You are in temporary or transitional housing or you are homeless OR
- Your current neighborhood is unsafe OR
- More than 50% of your monthly income is spent on housing
Do you have the ability to pay for a Habitat home?
- Your yearly gross income (before taxes) is at least 30% of the area median income (see table below) AND
- Your yearly gross income (before taxes) is no more than 60% of the area median income (see table below) AND
- Your family has a stable income (employment, SSI, etc.) AND
- You have a legal right to work in the United States
Note: Additional financial criteria is consider during the next step of our process.
Yearly Gross Income (before taxes) Range
30% – 60% area median income
|One (1)||$12,113 – $24,225|
|Two (2)||$13,838 – $27,675|
|Three (3)||$15,563 – $31,125|
|Four (4)||$17,288 – $34,575|
|Five (5)||$18,675 – $37,350|
|Six (6)||$20,063 – $40,125|
Are you willing to partner with Habitat?
- Will you be able to contribute 250 sweat equity hours for a one person household or 500 hours (250 each) for a household with 2 or more adults towards the construction of your home, at the ReStore, and at other events?
- Will you be able to attend educational classes and meetings in Athens County?
If you think you meet all of the criteria above, please complete the inquiry below.
Note: This is not an application. Applications must be completed in person.
What happens next? The Director of Family Services will be in contact with you. Also, it may be helpful to start gathering the required documentation for the next step of our process.